EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Coordinates and ensures the integrity of standard costing system, product cost, and inventory processes globally. Major responsibilities include preparing, analyzing, reconciling, and controlling inventory, cost of sales, product margins, and productivity metrics and reports for all levels of organization. The position is also responsible for preparing various internal reporting and allocation functions in accordance with corporate policies and business objectives. This position will be responsible for communicating with the line of business finance teams as well as the corporate and regional accounting teams to accomplish all relevant tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, analyze, and implement cost accounting policies throughout the organization to ensure appropriateness, compliance, and evaluation of relevant businesses.
- Coordinate and support accounting activities including budget and forecast reviews, standard cost development, margin analysis, productivity analysis, inventory control, stock takes, variance analysis, slow moving and obsolete inventory analysis, analysis of cost drivers, etc. across all business units.
- Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions with the use of various IT systems (i.e., local ERP systems including SAP, data warehouses, etc.).
- Prepare and/or review specific cost allocations, account reconciliations and journal entries. Participate in the accounting close and financial reporting processes. Provide general analysis of results and balances.
- Coordinate stock take procedures and activities across the regional entities.
- Partner with relevant business teams on strategic decisions and provide recommendations on action as well as accounting impact.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monitor compliance with these principles and company procedures.
- Manage a team to ensure the successful completion of routine and project based activities on time. Provide training, guidance and general support as needed.
- Support continuous improvement efforts with the team and promote healthy, respectful communications.
- Other projects, tasks, and duties as assigned.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: Travel is not expected to be a routine aspect of the position. Occasional travel, as deemed necessary and appropriate, may be needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- 12+ years of progressive experience in a corporate environment or with a national public accounting firm.
- Plant Controller experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of standard costing principals including variance analysis and standard cost roll.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- Experience preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and general accounting close procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; experience with enterprise resource planning systems (i.e., SAP) and data warehouses preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Knowledge of foreign currency and impact on accounting.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees and management both inside and outside the finance department.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes, direct and indirect.
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination